Thursday, September 29, 2005

Drastic Measures

I came home for work
and couldn't help
but feel like
an old rag quilt
that had been cuddled
for too long.

I needed a good soak
in a hot bubble bath.


I poured a glass
of cheap red wine
from the carton
and began to make
long-overdue plans.
I would win.

I needed to get
my life on track.


I would quit my job
and start anew;
I had some money
stuck in the bank.
I was more than
a sidewalk for others.

I wouldn't be there
for them to walk over.


It felt good to make
such a resolution.
Only, I went to sleep
and lost my will.
The next day was just
like yesterday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

I absorb this sense of saddness from this piece, from you.

I feel this is all of our voices at one time or another.

Thank you for sharing.

~ James

September 30, 2005 6:33 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

The only part of me in this might be feeling like an old rag quilt on occasion. Glad you enjoyed.

October 01, 2005 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home