Saturday, November 12, 2005

Round Robin 7

There's a sad premonition I dread
that thickens the air like Winter's frost
slipping through the apparent weaknesses
of my being. I shudder violently
at the thought of the long, cold days ahead
where we must fight the elements
along with our own demons within.

The omen of spring is the only thing
that keeps me sane. The hint of warmth
eventually penetrating through me
keeps me plodding along these snowy tracks.
Winter is the death of the land.
Fortunately, it is always followed by rebirth.
Only this sustains me. Only this comforts me.

During the shorter days and longer nights,
I find solace snuggled in blankets. His body
sparks internal fires that remind me life
is precious. I feel more alive at those times
than simply existing until the sun shines
through and melts the ice caps of my heart.
There is hope, still, for tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home