Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Neglect

I've neglected you for much too long.
Today, I want to atone--make it right.
Forgive my lack of sensitivity
to the needs you have shown clearly
in the sinking of the sun
below the horizon.

Many times, I was able to pay my respects
without needing an excuse. That's the way
it should be; that's how I want it.
Life interferes and time runs out
and things just never get around
to happening. But, I'm here

to make up for the oversight. I make
sure I dot my eyes and cross my teas
and beg that you forget the neglect.
I came today and wrote without reason.
Yeah, it doesn't make much sense
but its real. It is here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

I can relate.

Hi.

November 26, 2005 9:18 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Thanks, James. All of a sudden Contraptions wasn't seeing as much input and I didn't really like it.

November 26, 2005 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home