Friday, July 01, 2005

Cindi

I listened;
I made you laugh;
I didn't do enough.

Your tears pierced
my brain like a fondue fork.
I wanted to cry with you.
I didn't know how to help--
I still don't.
I was a friend
when you needed an assistant.

Your plate was full
and seconds were stacked in wait.
You've always bitten more
than you could comfortably chew.
That's just you, I know.
Even you recognized
you were about to break.

There comes a time
when enough is too much.
Push away from the table
and walk away sane.
Only you can do that;
I'm only a by-stander.

I listened;
I made you laugh;
I couldn't do enough.

4 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Hey you... this is awfully sad. You ok?

July 01, 2005 9:06 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

A friend of mine was feeling quite overwhelmed today. It has gotten to the point where she almost quit the company last week. I was useless.

July 01, 2005 9:12 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I'm pretty terrible in situations like that, I never say or do the right thing.

July 01, 2005 9:38 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

I'd send this to her since she's working tomorrow and probably Sunday, but currently my company doesn't seem to like my home email address.

July 01, 2005 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home