Sunday, October 15, 2006

Hey Mister

Hey Mister,
keep those whiskers and those paws
to yourself. I may be alone,
but I'm not needy.

Go back to where your prey
won't question your motives
since they won't even know
what the word means.

There's no law against solitude.
It is only confinement causes trouble.
I'm not near lonely enough for you.
My parents taught me a thing or two.

I've been on my own for as long
as I can remember. My folks, well,
they didn't make it home one night.
That made me stand on my own feet.

So, Mister,
keep your whiskers and your paws
to yourself. I don't need you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Rounsville said...

Hey, Vickie.

Great to read you again. I still like the brevity and directness of your lines.

hope all or most is well



Meth

October 24, 2006 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home