Saturday, July 23, 2005

If I Fell

If I fell in love again
it would be different
from before. I would not
allow my heart to lead;
my mind must dance a part.

My body would not dictate
the lovers I shouldn't want.
I need more sustenance
than a row of one night
stands. I need something.

My toes should not curl
at the sight of a fuzzy
chest. I need to control
these reactions. I need
to control myself.

If I fell in love again,
I might be better off
living life in happiness
between the pages
of a book.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

this one confuses me - you speak of heat, but it comes off cold. Sounds like you want "love" without the "passion" and ... well, I guess if anything I'd want the opposite?

July 23, 2005 11:41 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

I actually thought this was a bit of humor. Some people marry for love, others for money. This woman has not had luck with either and would rather fall into bed with a good book.

July 23, 2005 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home