Sunday, August 21, 2005

Hidden Talent

May the darkness swallow me whole;
I don't want to be visible any more.
Hide my discomfiture behind the clouds
let me roam the universe alone in peace.

Never have I been welcomed with open arms.
More I have been shunned as different.
Handicapped by unseen forces, reactions
only reinforce innate inhibitions.

Blend me into the surrounding night
where stars hold the attention of gazers.
Slather face paint on my ghost-white flesh
as camouflage in the forces of nature.

Wake me with the gentle stirrings of sun
so I may slither away into my facade.
Let the day begin with my dis-appearance
in the midst of everyday bustle of my life.

6 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

wow V. I'm impressed with the absolute sincerity and honesty of this one. It is the complete admission of vulnerability - it's wonderful.

August 21, 2005 9:46 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Umm, thanks. I'm blown away by your comment. This was a takeoff of the last poem posted by Erin2. While there are times that I would wish to be less visible in the scheme of things, this is not the everyday me. At least, I don't think so...

August 21, 2005 9:56 PM  
Blogger Red said...

intriguing. sort of a leave me alone but yet a cry out at the same time.

i want to say nice but yet that isn't the right word for this one!

red

August 24, 2005 6:48 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Red,

Thanks for stopping by and reading. I'm so excited to see a new face.

August 24, 2005 4:16 PM  
Blogger e said...

Hey V. I'm psyched that I inspired you. :o) I like this one very much.

August 28, 2005 9:16 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Thanks, I'm so glad you enjoyed this one.

August 28, 2005 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home